The territory of Pavia has been inhabited since prehistoric times, as evidenced by the numerous megalithic monuments in the area and of which its tapir (transformed into Anta-Capela) is the main
The historical origins of the population, the oldest in the municipality of Mora, date back to a nucleus of Italian immigrants, established at the behest of King Afonso III or D. Dinis, who
granted him the first charter in 1287.
The Manuel Ribeiro de Pavia Museum, located a few meters from the Anta-Capela, is related to a painter-illustrator here born and in it can be appreciated several original ones.
In this village lived likewise Fernando Namora that besides the profession of doctor wrote about this land, its people and highlighted the beautiful landscapes that lurk the village.
The Mother Church of S. Paulo, the Roman bridge, the gazebo and its house are also points of interest that deserve a long visit.